• I forgot to buy my regular bunch of lilies when I did the weekly shop so I picked a posy from the garden. Must do this more often.
the wormwood perked up after ten minutes in the water, even though it looks sad and floppy here
• we are rabbit-sitting the next door neighbours' little black lop eared bunny. Soooo sweet. Please lawd, do not let the thing die while it's on our watch.
• Son #2 got out the sewing machine, propped it on the kitchen bench and made a dilly bag (for camp next week) while I cooked risotto. Good to have company in the kitchen. Good to see a 15 year old boy sew, too.
He threaded up the machine like a pro and when I checked it was perfect. Oh Mum, he scoffed, I've done it a thousand times at school! Gotta love that Steiner education.
• Wore my new shawl. I finished this just before we went off on the gypsy wagon and wore it a lot on camp. With embroidered peasant skirts and gold teeth, while playing the accordion. Ok I lie, but I wore it with jeans. (Modern gypsies wear jeans).
The shawl should probably have its own post. (But it'll have to be content with this). It's the Terra shawl from Brooklyn Tweed and seriously, I had to cast on for this shawl because I was starting to dream about it. I was obsessed, I tell you. The pattern didn't particularly grab me when it first came out but then I started to see lots of rustic-yarned versions on Ravelry, and then this sent me over the edge. My version is Ravelled here for those of you who need the full gory details.
• Sent this photo to a friend who collects faces in inanimate objects.
• Was grateful to live in an age of antibiotics and Panadol. And cranberry juice. Gawd.
• Laughed at the dog who has done little more than this since we came home from our holiday.
Did I show you this? After the first day of trotting behind the wagon he chose to ride indoors.
• Missed Penny the Clydesdale.
• Got an iPad at work! Having fun with it. Have told the boys it's very sad but the institution's insurance policy means *I'm* the only one allowed to touch it. Ahem.
• Sewed another strippy-quilty-patchworky cushion cover.
• Received a gorgeous knitting book. Stand by for a giveaway soon.